A recent investment of £300k has increased the CNC machining capacity in our Specialist Engineering Division. The purchase of 3 new Haas Automation’s 3 axis CNC machines (2 Super VF5 and 1 VF4) and a trunnion table for 5 axis milling capabilities allows us to meet the growing demand for high speed machining of a wide range of materials.
Our team of experienced engineers specialise in design, 3D modelling, toolmaking, fabrication, CNC milling, GD&T knowledge and inspection. This diverse set of skills enables us to provide our clients with bespoke engineering solutions, such as:
- High accuracy fixtures for CMM inspection, drilling jigs, precision milling, trimming, bonding, cooling and assembly fixtures.
- Robotic end of arm tooling solutions, designed and manufactured for processes such as automated removal of injection mouldings from injection mould presses and production assembly operations, using both modular and bespoke systems.
- Complex fabrication requirements in small to medium batch production of precision sheet metal components including one off and prototype designs. A full range of materials can be welded with certification upon request.
- Bespoke transport stillages, complete with covers, designed and manufactured to give protection during delivery, handling and storage, ensuring components remain clean and free from damage.
- A full range of surface finishing including graining, polishing, painting in powder coat and wet coat finishes can be applied to finished components. Anodising can also be offered.
Since moving into the new facility in 2014, our Specialist Engineering Division has continued to expand, offering bespoke design and manufacturing solutions for plastic, metallic and composite components. Grant Keates, Specialist Engineering Manager, comments “With our increased high speed CNC machining capabilities, it means we can expand productivity whilst also ensuring rapid response times for our customers. Time is always a critical element in our business. We are proud to achieve such a high level of service, every fixture and component we manufacture meets the very high standards of quality that is expected from a world-class manufacturer. In total, our impressive plant list across the company now includes 44 CNC machines with a range of machining envelopes up to 8m x 6.2m x 2m. In addition to our metallic tooling division, we have the capabilities to undertake a wide variety of projects such as composite military vehicle bodies, F1 carbon chassis, aluminium aircraft wings and GRP tidal turbines.”