We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
Job Function & Key Purpose
- Responsible for leading the Divisions Supply Chain activities.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient planning of the Division’s Logistics, material requirements, production planning and procurement operations, including the warehousing equipment and the personnel across the BU.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day logistics and warehousing operations of the business, ensuring the functions are running efficiently.
- Responsible for all supplier related concerns/issues for both current and future Projects/Contracts across the business.
- Responsible for the logistics strategic planning, and implementation.
- To support the BU Director to develop a continuous improvement environment within the organisation.
- Overseeing the workforce, spanning all MP&L related functions.
- In partnership with the BU Director, manage budgetary and working capital concerns for all manufacturing areas.
- Any other task as reasonably required to fulfil the job function.
Is directly accountable to the BU Director for the effective, safe and efficient running of the Company’s Supply Chain operations, the equipment and personnel across the company’s business.
- Responsible in conjunction with the leadership, primarily Head of Quality and Head of Operations, for ensuring activities meet Company & Customer requirements and the total cost of Non-Conformance.
- Controlling and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI), to ensure the business meets both the output goals, planned output of each product, on time, in full.
- Accountable for developing and implementation of the MP&L Strategy with Stakeholders, in terms of quality, cost and on-time delivery.
- Play an instrumental role in developing and implementing the processes, procedures, guidelines and tools to enable all functions within the BU to meet set milestones and targets
- Installing a continuous improvement / lean culture within all facilities/plants.
- Ensure financial targets (QAF) and other agreed targets are met in all manufacturing areas.
- Ensure all operations maintain conformance to defined quality standards; TS16949, AS9100, etc.
- Ensure business standards, processes and procedures are always maintained and adhered to across all facilities/plants in MP&L.
- Ensure the sites operate in line with the company’s Health and Safety Policy at all times:
- Drive the reduction of waste; ensure production operations do not exceed defined levels.
- Ensure all MP&L employees are appropriately trained to defined standards
- Lead all MP&L activities within the business, ensuring the requisite availability of the required personnel and holding reviews to ensure the business delivers against customer expectations.
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure all projects are delivered on target on time and to resolve any operational issues that occur.
- Responsible for all of the groups MP&L facilities
- Manage, mentor and support the MP&L teams to achieve operational excellence in manufacturing.
- Ensure all MP&L employees are appropriately trained to defined required standards:
- Support the design and implementation of systems and processes in the MP&L arena which support the business in delivering the necessary operational targets and best in class principles/practices incl. continuous improvement approach.
- Develop and communicate the KPIs for ensuring the strategy to realise excellence in MP&L can be implemented, measured and reviewed.
- Improve processes and systems in order to improve MP&L standards.
- Ensure that all direct reports engage, mentor and develop their team’s capability
- Lead the identification and co-ordinate the implementation of continuous improvement of all MP&L processes. Introduction and deployment of ‘lean manufacturing’ techniques in order to achieve and maintain excellence standards.
- Ensure safety regulations are followed and a safe working environment across all facilities/plants.
- Review and approve equipment/capex needs.
- Ensure the successful and efficient introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Extensive interface with new product development, commercial, finance, HR and sales colleagues.
- Set and review budgets and managing cost.
- Managing processes planning for single piece flow, labour efficiency, material efficiency, driving Cost down
- Work with the Engineering function to deliver technology improvements within the business.
Values & Behaviours
- Knowledge of either Polymer and/or Composite raw material sourcing
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals
- Able to lead and influence change.
- Autonomous thinker and proactive in reaching out to stakeholders in order to drive change and implement necessary actions on a day to day basis
- A hands-on leader with good leadership skills; a motivator with strong communication skills, capable of developing and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Effective planner
- Big Picture thinking
- People focused
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the customer and within the company
- Takes Initiative: The tendency to perceive what is necessary to be accomplished and to proceed on one’s own
- Analytical: The tendency to logically examine facts and situations (not necessarily analytical ability)
- Analyses Pitfalls: The tendency to scrutinise potential difficulties related to a plan or strategy
- Finance Business Interest: Interest in commercial or fiscal management
- Wants Challenge: The Willingness to attempt difficult tasks or goals
- Wants to lead: The desire to be in a position to direct or guide others
- Authoritative: The desire for decision making authority and the willingness to accept decision making responsibility
- Enthusiastic: The tendency to be eager and excited towards one’s goals
- Planning: The tendency to formulate ideas related to the steps and process of accomplishing an objective
- Collaborative: The tendency to collaborate with others when making decisions
- Influencing: The tendency and skills to try to persuade others
- Optimistic: The tendency to believe the future will be positive
- Pressure Tolerance: A tolerance and comfort related to working under deadlines and busy schedules
- Self-acceptance: The tendency to like oneself and be comfortable with oneself
- Self – improvement: The tendency to attempt to develop or better oneself
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum of five years senior operational management experience
- A proven track record of delivering results at a senior level in the automotive manufacturing sector
- Appreciation of process improvement tools and techniques – essential
- Degree educated – desirable
- Adaptability in the location of work including ability to be flexible with business travel as and when necessary
Key Performance Indicators:
- Sales value (£)
- Contribution Margin (% of sales)
- Profitability value (> 5% of sales)
- Adherence to the Production Plan > 95%
- Lost Time Accidents
- Near Miss Reports
- Inventory (DOH)
- OTIF delivery to customers (Internal & External).
- Material, services and packaging cost downs through purchasing negotiation (>3% of sales)
- Special freight (<£5k / month)
- Stock variance @ annual stock count (<5% value and location)