We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
At Formaplex Technologies Ltd, our mission is to understand, solve, and produce well-crafted solutions to our clients’ engineering challenges. We are an end-to-end solution in the fields of polymer, composite, carbon fibre tooling, manufacture and design. We take the complex, the challenging, the possible and the near impossible and we make it real – together.
We champion ourselves on our values – to take on a challenge, to work together and to make it real.
We’ve got ambitious plans for growth and an aim to make things better, faster, lighter and stronger, working together as one team. We’re looking for like-minded people to join us. If you have any questions on this role, please contact us at Recruitment@Formaplex.com
Working Location: Cosham
Salary: Hourly Rate £14.67
Job Function & Key Tasks
- Machining components using CAD/Engineering drawings.
- Hand fitting and assembly of jigs and fixtures.
- Completing corrections to jigs and fixtures from correction reports.
- Understanding VISI/ other CAD/CAM software and correct Use of measuring equipment
- Manual milling (with XYZ Protorrak software).
- Manual turning.
- Any other task as reasonably required to fulfil the job function
- To machine and assemble components for jigs and fixtures to a high standard for internal and external customer use.
- To complete corrections to existing jigs and fixtures to high tolerances.
- To work as part of a team, but still have self-drive and ability to work alone.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee at Formaplex, you are responsible for;
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions
- Co-operating with Formaplex on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs
- Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times (where appropriate)
- Reporting of all accidents, incidents and reporting any failings as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager
Skills and Experience
- Experience with manual milling and turning
- Ability to understand engineering drawings/CAD software
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals
- Autonomous thinker and proactive
- Mechanical minded
- Attention to detail.
- Effective planner.
- Dynamic individual
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- Highly flexible, dynamic, motivated, and independent
- Effective time management skills working with tight timescales to meet production/manufacturing needs
- Engineering background