We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
Job Function & Key Tasks
- Responsible for the inspection, planned maintenance and repair of the plant and manufacturing equipment – Polymers Division.
- Responsible for the compliance to current HSE regulations for all equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for procurement of all spares, service contracts and consumables within the maintenance and facilities functions.
- Support the Continuous Improvement department with all physical improvement activities.
- Follow work instructions.
- Adhere to all quality standards.
- Any other task as reasonably required to fulfil the job function.
- Lead all maintenance activities within the division, ensuring the requisite availability of the facilities and manufacturing equipment, holding reviews to ensure the business delivers against customer expectations.
- Maintain, service and inspect equipment, keeping records and reviewing trend analysis to ISO9001 standards.
- Responsible to ensure the division manufacturing facilities comply with all health and safety legislation, maintaining a safe and secure site.
- Manage, mentor and support the maintenance team to achieve targets to for availability for manufacturing.
- Ensure all maintenance employees are appropriately trained to defined required standards.
- Support the Engineering function to deliver technology improvements within the business.
- Managing contractors to deliver to service level agreements, working within Formaplex health and safety policy.
- Responsible for all hard and soft facilities across the division.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals.
- Able to lead and influence change.
- Autonomous thinker, able to work proactively and reactively under pressure.
- A hands-on leader with good leadership skills; a motivator with strong communication skills, capable of concise communication at all levels.
- Effective planner.
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- Degree, Higher level engineering qualification or Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Demonstrate suitable experience in facilities or maintenance management.
- Appreciation of process improvement tools and techniques – essential.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Responsible for the availability of all production equipment to increase OEE