We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
At Formaplex Technologies Ltd, our mission is to understand, solve, and produce well-crafted solutions to our clients’ engineering challenges. We are an end-to-end solution in the fields of polymer, composite, carbon fibre tooling, manufacture and design. We take the complex, the challenging, the possible and the near impossible and we make it real – together.
We champion ourselves on our values – to take on a challenge, to work together and to make it real.
We’ve got ambitious plans for growth and an aim to make things better, faster, lighter and stronger, working together as one team. We’re looking for like-minded people to join us. If you have any questions on this role, please contact us at Recruitment@Formaplex.com
Working Location: Horndean
Salary: £40,000 – £48,000
Job Function & Key Tasks
- Ensure best-in-class engineering, developing company IP & value add solutions and road- mapping future technologies.
- Support in the delivery of all technical aspects including (but not exclusively) DFM, tooling concepts, production engineering, Additive Manufacturing, Component specification, Materials, Paint solutions, assembly, packaging and product presentation.
- Responsible for program engineering content in line with NPI gateway process, management and adherence.
- Work with the Head of Engineering to achieve commercial business goals.
- Deliver engineering excellence to help build upon current and develop new customer relationships.
- Support the Production Engineering Manager in procurement and setup of plant and equipment and associated maintenance systems for safe and efficient operation within the Division’s manufacturing areas.
- To support the management team to develop a continuous improvement environment within the organisation.
- Support in the costing of new programs and facilities to support bid process with the sales team.
- Any other task as reasonably required to fulfil the job function.
Is accountable to the Manufacture Engineering Manager for the implementation of effective, safe and efficient production processes across the business unit.
- Support in development of company IP & value add solutions.
- Identify opportunity and create the road map for future technologies, to meet growth objectives and keep the business relevant.
- Daily update and reporting of the NPI gateway process and dashboard – escalating where required.
- Manage and develop technical relationships/partnerships with both customers and suppliers.
- Interpret and apply industry relevant standards as required.
- Work cross-functionally with other areas of the business, at all levels.
- Day to day technical support for all programmes.
- Create and maintain engineering documentation and records relevant to project, customer and business requirements.
- Able to analyse component data and assess suitability of “Design for Manufacture”.
- Identifying customer requirements/specifications, incorporating these into process design and suitability throughout lifecycle.
- Development and delivery to a structured DFM process for additively manufactured components.
- To manage BOMs and implement engineering changes.
- To support in the generation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), to ensure the business meets both the technical goals, planned improvement of each product, process, on time, in full.
- Support in the development and implementation of the processes, procedures, guidelines and tools to enable all functions within the manufacturing arena to meet set milestones, industry standards and targets.
- Ensure all processes conform to defined quality standards; ISO 9001, IATF 16949 & AS 9100.
- Installing a continuous improvement/lean culture within all facilities/plants.
- Ensure financial targets (QAF) and other agreed targets are met in all manufacturing areas.
- Responsible for delivery of the PCR process across the manufacturing facilities with associated monitoring and cost control of ECN process.
- Drive continuous improvement of products, services, systems and processes, through engineering solutions, ensure production operations do not exceed defined levels.
- The design and implementation of systems and processes in the manufacturing arena which support the business in delivering the necessary operational targets and best in class principles/practices incl. continuous improvement approach.
- To support the Head of Engineering in developing and communicating the KPIs for ensuring the business strategy to realise excellence in manufacturing that can be implemented, measured and reviewed.
- Ensure safety regulations are followed and a safe working environment across all facilities/plants.
- Propose and review equipment/capex needs.
- Adherence to the PCR process across the manufacturing facilities; supporting project stakeholders for the ECR requirements.
- Ensure the successful and efficient introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Extensive interface with new product development, commercial, finance, HR and sales colleagues.
- Work within set budgets and cost constraints.
- Process planning for targeted single piece flow, maximised labour efficiency, material efficiency and driving cost down.
- Work with the operations function to implement technology improvements within the business.
- To operate in line with the company’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
Skills & Experience
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals.
- Able to lead and influence change.
- Autonomous thinker and proactive in reaching out to stakeholders in order to drive change and implement necessary actions on a day to day basis
- Strong communication skills, capable of developing and working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent design and technical background in relevant disciplines.
- Technical product development and complete programme delivery.
- Demonstrable track record of success operating in technical roles (ideally in automotive OEM or Tier 1).
- Experience of new product introductions.
- Experience of working within the automotive or equivalent regulated industry (e.g. Aerospace).
- Knowledge of composites moulding, additive manufacturing techniques, composites assembly, paint and packaging processes.
- Experienced in DFM.
- Competent CAD user, with technical understanding of GD&T principals.
- Effective planner and the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Able to work effectively in a team, people focused.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the customer and within the company
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good computer literacy, in particular all MS Office programs.
- Interaction with/knowledge of MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably).
- Product and Process Auditing experience (ISO, AS or IATF).
- Knowledge of SMC technology.
- Lean/6 sigma methodology.
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing or production engineering
- Appreciation of process improvement tools and techniques – essential
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Adaptability in the location of work including ability to be flexible with business travel as and when necessary.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Successful New Product Introduction.
- Continuous Improvement resulting in business efficiency and profitability.