We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
Job Function & Key Tasks
Responsible for the manufacturing of components being made into finished goods on a specific production line. Will include people management and reporting requirements. Manufacturing is defined as: Produces goods and parts from raw materials using process painting.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Assist the Production Manager responsible for the operation of an assigned area in terms of production, quality, cost, delivery, technical, safety, and human resources, whilst respecting the defined goals. Responsible for the day to day management of people within production, to ensure company’s targets and objectives are met to meet customer requirements, ensuring that staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures. Strive to continually improve using Lean tools to reduce costs, improve production and quality. Act with minimum supervision. Decisions and results have an impact on the function and their success. Performance affects the function’s image
- Lead all production activities within the business, ensuring the requisite availability of the required personnel and holding reviews to ensure the business delivers against customer expectations.
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure all projects are delivered on target on time and to resolve any operational issues that occur.
- Responsible for all of the groups manufacturing facilities
- Manage, mentor and support the manufacturing teams to achieve operational excellence in manufacturing.
- Ensure all manufacturing employees are appropriately trained to defined required standards:
- Managing processes planning for single piece flow, labour efficiency, material efficiency, driving Cost down
- Work with the Engineering function to deliver technology improvements within the business.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals
- Able to lead and influence change.
- Autonomous thinker and proactive in reaching out to stakeholders in order to drive change and implement necessary actions on a day to day basis
- A hands-on leader with good leadership skills; a motivator with strong communication skills, capable of developing and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Effective planner
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- Minimum of seven years senior operational management experience
- A proven track record of delivering results at a senior level in the automotive manufacturing sector
- A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification or working towards the above.
- Professional (or working towards) accreditation with an industry related body
- Proven track record within manufacturing management
- Ability to design processes and layouts
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving), process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques
- Significant work experience in a volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Responsible for the introduction monitoring, setting stretch targets and improving performance.
- Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to support dispatch time windows
- Support the resolution of Customer concerns. Identify and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures. Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues
- Ensure all external and internal auditory standards and improvement requirements are met People Management
- Supervise and control resource effectively to support customer delivery requirements and also Lean Manufacturing principles
- Monitor and maintain company Absence Control Procedures to ensure maximum attendance levels
- Deal with personnel issues on shift including interaction with the Trade Union, in line with Company Policy and Agreements
- Responsible for training of operators for products and processes within the local team
- Conduct incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
- Provide product expertise within team, and respond to operator queries
- Work proactively with support functions to fully define the processes/procedures/controls relevant to team activities. Provide support and input to continuous improvement activities within the team Relationship Management
- Liaise and communicate with other departments and ensure an effective interface with is maintained
- Feedback to the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements Self-Management