We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
Job Function & Key Tasks
- A key player within the engineering department, responsible for New Product Introduction and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Working cross functionally with other areas of the business to ensure engineering excellence and profitability.
- Supporting customers and managing suppliers as required in an engineering capacity.
- To assist cross functionally in DFM feasibility studies.
- To work as part of the New Products Introduction (NPI) team to define the manufacturing process, location and detailed workflow for each new manufactured product.
- To review engineering changes and support in the re-costing and subsequent implementation of any associated changes to each manufacturing process.
- To support Quality with Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, and control plans, on each new and existing production process and to ensure all arising issues are effectively communicated to the team and acted upon.
- To assist production in the development of manufacturing layouts with emphasis on the optimisation of parts presentation and operator movements in line with industry standard 5S, Lean manufacturing and Health and Safety practices.
- To define, specify, procure and commission the required production equipment and facilities (benches, racking, jigs, fixtures, welding equipment, automated machinery and testing equipment) from both in-house and external sources.
- To define and develop the work instructions for new and existing processes in conjunction with the Technical Author and the Quality and Manufacturing departments.
- Responsible for run at rate sign off in conjunction with production management.
- To provide / coordinate training and technical support on new equipment and processes.
- To regularly review production metrics to identify key areas for cost saving and to lead cross-functional teams to define and implement improvements, applying industry standard problem solving and waste reduction methodologies.
- To research and apply new production techniques and technologies applicable to manufacturing activities
Skills and Experience
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals.
- MS Office – PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Able to read/understand 3D CAD and technical drawings.
- Good communication and team skills.
- Attention to detail and record keeping.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Manufacturing fixture tooling design experience.
- Process poke yoke.
- Knowledge and experience of Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Experience of process validation and FMEA.
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- HNC or equivalent in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Materials Engineering or a related discipline.
- Demonstrate suitable experience of working in an automotive manufacturing environment
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Successful New Product Introduction.
- Continuous Improvement resulting in business efficiency and profitability.