We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
At Formaplex Technologies Ltd, our mission is to understand, solve, and produce well-crafted solutions to our clients’ engineering challenges. We are an end-to-end solution in the fields of polymer, composite, carbon fibre tooling, manufacture and design. We take the complex, the challenging, the possible and the near impossible and we make it real – together.
We champion ourselves on our values – to take on a challenge, to work together and to make it real.
We’ve got ambitious plans for growth and an aim to make things better, faster, lighter and stronger, working together as one team. We’re looking for like-minded people to join us. If you have any questions on this role, please contact us at Recruitment@Formaplex.com
Salary: up to £40,000 – £55,000 depending on experience
Working Hours: 8am – 4pm
Site: Voyager Park
Job Function & Key Purpose
- To manage projects as a tier one supplier to OEM’s from nomination through to Job1 + 90 days – mainly automotive and aerospace sector projects
- Maintain a strong emphasis on APQP, New Product Introduction & PPAP process to ensure all stakeholders deliver their inputs on time and to the right quality.
- Responsible for facilitating NPI gateway process, management and adherence.
- Work with the SLT to achieve commercial goals.
- Escalating to the SLT when a project is at risk of missing key milestones or financial targets.
- Preparing and leading the Milestone reviews with the SLT in line with the Formaplex NPI process.
- To support the SLT to develop a continuous improvement environment within the organisation.
- In partnership with the Technology & Projects director, manage budgetary and capex commitments for the projects.
- Any other task as reasonably required to fulfil the job function.
Is directly accountable to the Technology & Projects director for the effective, safe and efficient running of the Company’s NPI process:
- Leading a cross functional team through a matrix management approach.
- Supporting the engineering function to develop company IP & value add solutions.
- Identify opportunity and create value for the company by managing ECR requests in a rigorous way and ensuring the customer is quoted for the cost of change.
- Continuous development and management of the NPI gateway process and dashboard.
- Monitor the gateway process dashboard while providing support as the point of escalation for relevant programmes.
- Work with the SLT to support and deliver the business strategy of the company both technically and commercially.
- Report relevant performance metrics to the SLT.
- Manage and develop technical relationships/partnerships with both customers and suppliers.
- Interpret and apply industry relevant standards as required.
- Work cross-functionally with other areas of the business, at all levels.
- Create and maintain project documentation and records relevant to project, customer and business requirements.
- Identifying customer requirements/specifications, ensuring the engineering function incorporates these into concept design and suitability throughout lifecycle
- Controlling and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI), to ensure the business meets both the technical goals, planned improvement of each product process, on time, in full
- Develop and implementing the processes, procedures, guidelines and tools to enable all functions within the project meet set milestones, industry standards and targets
- Ensure all processes conform to defined quality standards; IATF16949, AS9100, etc
- Installing a continuous improvement / lean culture within all facilities/plants
- Ensure financial and other agreed targets are met in all project areas
- Ensure the project team operate in line with the company’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
- Responsible to support engineering and project stakeholders for ECR requirements
- Drive continuous improvement of products, services, systems and processes applying best practice
- Lead all project activities within the business, ensuring the requisite availability of the required personnel and holding reviews to ensure the business delivers against customer and internal expectations.
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure all projects are delivered on target on time and to resolve any operational issues that occur.
- Manage, mentor and support the team to achieve excellence.
- Ensure all project employees are appropriately trained to defined required standards.
- Develop and communicate the KPIs for ensuring the strategy to realise excellence in project delivery can be implemented, measured and reviewed.
- Improve processes and systems in order to improve standards.
- Ensure that all cross functional reports engage, mentor and develop their team’s capability.
- Lead the identification and co-ordinate the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Ensure safety regulations are followed and a safe working environment across all projects.
- Propose and review equipment/capex needs.
- Responsible for the PCR process across the manufacturing facilities; supporting engineering and project stakeholders for the ECR requirements.
- Ensure the successful and efficient introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Extensive interface with new product development, commercial, finance, HR and sales colleagues.
- Set and review budgets and managing cost.
- Managing processes planning for single piece flow, labour efficiency, material efficiency, driving Cost down
- Work with the Operation to implement technology improvements within the business
Health and Safety Responsibilities
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee at Formaplex, you are responsible for;
- Ensuring the businesses health, safety and welfare policies and procedures for the responsible areas are adhere too.
- Actively supporting Health & Safety roll out leading and lagging Indicators.
- Only using/operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate training and/or authorisation, and using in accordance with such training
- Ensure all reporting of Accidents, Hazards and Near Misses, and working with Health & Safety Management to ensure timely closure of incidents/opportunity improvements
Values & Behaviours
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals as well as those of others.
- Able to lead and influence change.
- Autonomous thinker and proactive in reaching out to stakeholders in order to drive change and implement necessary actions on a day to day basis
- A hands-on leader with good leadership skills; a motivator with strong communication skills, capable of developing and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Technical product development and complete programme delivery
- Leadership of multiple teams both direct report and cross-functionally
- Demonstrable track record of success operating in project leadership roles (ideally in automotive OEM or Tier 1)
- Experience of new product introductions
- Experience of working within the automotive or equivalent regulated industry (e.g. Aerospace)
- Knowledge of polymers, composites, injection mould tooling and processing, assembly, paint and packaging processes
- Experienced in DFM
- Effective planner
- Big Picture thinking
- Able to work effectively in a team, people focused
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the customer and within the company
- Takes Initiative: The tendency to perceive what is necessary to be accomplished and to proceed on one’s own
- Analytical: The tendency to logically examine facts and situations (not necessarily analytical ability)
- Analyses Pitfalls: The tendency to scrutinise potential difficulties related to a plan or strategy
- Finance Business Interest: Interest in commercial or fiscal management
- Wants Challenge: The Willingness to attempt difficult tasks or goals
- Wants to lead: The desire to be in a position to direct or guide others
- Authoritative: The desire for decision making authority and the willingness to accept decision making responsibility
- Enthusiastic: The tendency to be eager and excited towards one’s goals
- Planning: The tendency to formulate ideas related to the steps and process of accomplishing an objective
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Good computer literacy, in particular all MS Office programs
- Project management experience in a Prince /Agile relevant discipline
- Interaction with/knowledge of MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably)
- Product and Process Auditing experience (ISO, AS or IATF)
- Lean/6 sigma methodology
- Collaborative: The tendency to collaborate with others when making decisions
- Influencing: The tendency and skills to try to persuade others
- Optimistic: The tendency to believe the future will be positive
- Pressure Tolerance: A tolerance and comfort related to working under deadlines and busy schedules
- Self-acceptance: The tendency to like oneself and be comfortable with oneself
- Self – improvement: The tendency to attempt to develop or better oneself
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of five years senior technical project management experience
- A proven track record of delivering results at a senior level in the automotive manufacturing sector
- Appreciation of NPI tools and techniques – essential
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Degree in Engineering (preferred)
- Adaptability in the location of work including ability to be flexible with business travel as and when necessary