We deliver solutions to your problems, helping you create lighter, stronger, and more efficient components.
At Formaplex Technologies Ltd, our mission is to understand, solve, and produce well-crafted solutions to our clients’ engineering challenges. We are an end-to-end solution in the fields of polymer, composite, carbon fibre tooling, manufacture and design. We take the complex, the challenging, the possible and the near impossible and we make it real – together.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wide variety of customers that we serve. Female candidates are encouraged to apply as we strive for equality within our industry. Our recruitment & selection process is and will always remain non-discriminatory.
We champion ourselves on our values – to take on a challenge, to work together and to make it real.
We’ve got ambitious plans for growth and an aim to make things better, faster, lighter and stronger, working together as one team. We’re looking for like-minded people to join us. If you have any questions on this role, please contact us at Recruitment@Formaplex.com
Working Hours: 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday
Salary: £30,000 – £45,000
Job Function & Key Tasks
- Support the Introduction of projects at our Composites facility including Aerospace, Defence, Automotive and more.
- Assist with the development and approval of project requirements
- Write Reports, Procedures and Work Instructions
- Support with the development and auditing of processes and ensure compliance to customer and regulatory requirements
- Monitor and support the development of suppliers
- Conduct 8D type investigations
- Help promote Continuous Improvement within the business
- Review of customer requirement on specifications, CAD Data and Drawings.
- Liaise with customers to gain approval of FAIR or PSW.
- Use PFMEA to formulate Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Co-ordinating measurement activity of product to present to customer such as FAIR, ISIR, Cap Studies and MSA.
- Interfacing with customer on measurement reports and concessions.
- QMS interaction (NCR, Concessions, Change management, audit etc).
- Be able to generate and report quality performance metrics
- Day to day inspection and quality support for all projects (overall product verification)
- Lead quality improvement programmes
- Be a quality point of contact for certain customers
- Support with the effective use of Javelin MRP
- Assist in departmental management in the absence of management
- Maintain approval supplier database
- Involvement as required in 3rd party audits
- Customer visits (as required)
Skills and Experience
- Good Knowledge of AS9100 and/or IATF 16949 requirements
- Knowledge of GD&T
- FAIR to AS9102
- Experience of PPAP Core Tools.
- Interaction with MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably)
- Experience of new project introductions.
- Product and Process Auditing experience (ISO, AS or IATF).
- Good computer literacy in particular all MS Office programs.
- Lean/6 sigma methodology
- FARO arm using Autodesk PowerInspect software
Education & Qualifications
- Recognised engineering qualification or CQI Level 3 quality management certificate or above would be a distinct advantage
- A “Can do” positive attitude and ability to work well as a team or alone
- Knowledge of Composites materials and processes