Message from Mike Bryant, CEO, Formaplex
Safety is our priority. During these unprecedented and difficult times, we’ve taken extensive measures to ensure we’ve been able to remain open for business, prioritising the safety and well being of our people at all times. On behalf of myself, the Board of Directors and our senior management team, we’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who works at Formaplex, our customers and all our stakeholders for their continued support.
We’ve ensured that many of our people have been given the technology to be able to work from home and many others have also been in our place of work to produce products for lifesaving equipment. The dedication, courage and commitment shown by everyone is a testament to our business and our drive to make things better.
Now that the Government and many of our customers are making plans for the phased return to a ‘new normal’, I wanted to update you on the next steps we are taking as a business to protect our people and play our part in getting the economy moving in the right direction again.
The rigorous measures we introduced are ongoing and include the provision of PPE and sanitisation, increasing workplace cleaning, enforcing strict social distancing, facilitating and supporting staff to work from home and have virtual meetings using the latest technology. We also employed qualified nurses at key sites to support our people and their families and help protect the community in which we live and work.
Preparing for the phased return to work, we intend to continue to lead the way in prioritising safety, using best industry practice and Government guidelines. We’re currently introducing more detailed measures to ensure safety is maintained and support all our employees.
New measures include the following:
- Daily monitoring of the COVID-19 risk assessment
- Increased measures such as workplace zones and one way systems
- Continued deep cleaning
- Enhanced provision of PPE and sanitisation
- Employee temperature testing and referrals to a testing centre for anyone with symptoms
- Staggered shifts and work times, in line with the anticipated Government guidelines
- Enhanced safety measures and management for supplier deliveries
- Curtailment of hot desking and sharing of pens, phones and other equipment
- We operate two cycle to work schemes, offering significant savings for employees on cycles and equipment so people can avoid using public transport. These will be re-opened to furloughed employees on their return
Thank you again for your continued support. We hope you and your families remain safe and well while we are all preparing for better days ahead.